How to Make Vegan Donuts
Donuts/doughnuts? Using 4 minimal ingredients flour, sugar, milk, and yeast, you can make our vegan soft sugar donuts recipe now. Once you make these vegan homemade donuts, they will finish instantly and you'll crave a second batch. Never again will you have to buy vegan donuts again.
Anyone can make vegan donuts. It is very easy. Our vegan donuts recipe will satisfy you relentlessly over your lifetime. This vegan donuts recipe requires little to no time in the kitchen.
Prefer visual instructions? For written instructions jump to the bottom of the page.
Sorry for leaving out the butter in the photo but don't forget to use you butter. Learn to make homemade milk. You can also improvise with other vegan milks.
Let your dough proof until it doubles in size. This process should only take 45 minutes to an hour. The first time I made the recipe, it was a exciting to see what would happen to the dough once we fry it. The first time making donuts came out perfectly round just as the recipe we are sharing with you.
The soft sugar vegan donut is so brilliant with the cream cheese icing that chef Caleb made. You'll never get the same quality donuts from elsewhere. It give you the sense of gladness and achievement. In every bite, you know what you are consuming is healthy and heavenly to the tongue.
FAQ About Making Donuts
What oil should I fry my donuts dough in?
All you need is a good high-temperature oil that will not burn at 400F while your donuts are frying. I used high temperature olive oil to fry my donuts.
How long can vegan donuts store at room temperature?
For best quality vegan donuts, you can store your vegan donuts anywhere from 2 to 3 days at room temperature. But it's best eaten fresh, as after the day you cook it, it starts getting stale. Not the same texture.
What is the best temperature to fry my donuts in?
The ideal temperature is anywhere from 320 to 350 F. You can adjust the stove heat as needed while frying your vegan donuts.
Support the Berkeley Chefs
Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell: https://berkeleychefs.com/subscribetochannel
Join our list: https:berkeleychefs.com/jointhelist
How to make a pasta https://berkeleychefs.com/how-to-make-pasta/
If you like this video leave us a comment below about what you want us to make! Thanks for your support and encouragement and don't forget to share it with others!
Vegan Homemade Donuts Recipe
Vegan Donut Recipe
- 1 Pot To lightly heat your milk
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 medium-bowl
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 set of measuring cups
- 1 set of measuring spoons
- 1 pair of hands ha ha haaa
- 1 1/8 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups strong baker flour or bread flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips For chocolate donut dip
- Gather your ingredients to make vegan donuts. Don’t forget to heat your milk until its nice and warm if it was cold.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl your dry ingredients. Then use a spatula and mix it evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine your milk and butter and give it a mix usingyour mixer’s attachment.
- Then combine your wet ingredients in the bowl with your dry ingredients. Change your mixer’s attachment, then mix it together with your mixer until the dough comes together.
- Knead your dough until it becomes smooth and stiff. Then let it rest for 45 minutes to an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Afterit doubles in size, divide your dough into 10 roughly even pieces.Then take some dough from one of the dough, making the one that you will work with first bigger than the rest.
- Press the one you are working with first 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, press it into the centre of the dough, making it into a classic donut’s shape.
- Take the centre cutting dough out and place it into the one you will work next with.
- Placeit on a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper * (Don’t miss this out or else the dough may stick to the metal as proofing.)
- Do the same for the remaining 9 vegan donuts dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen cloth and proof for another 45 minutes to an hour or until it doubles in size.
- After it has doubled in size, carefully place it into a pot of hot oil that is on a stove.
- Once it looks golden brown, flip it using a chopstick or a thong if you can’t use a chopstick properly
- Using a chopstick, lift it out from the oil, above the pot and let the excess oil drain off.
- Place it on a wire rack with lined with a sheet of paper. Fry the remaining donuts and place it on the rack.
- Make your sugar coating using 1/4 cup cane sugar and 1/4 cup icing sugar, then dip half of the donut in the coating.
- Flip your vegan donut and coat the bottom half too.
- Then place back on the wire rack with the rest of the donuts.
- Do the same for the remaining of your vegan donuts. Then enjoy!